Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Gearing up for Nanny's 80th Birthday





I decided that I would make a quilt for Nanny's birthday. This past weekend, Justin and I drove to San Antonio with the task of tricking out our new BBQ trailer. While I was there I was going to trick Nanny into picking her colors for her quilt. hehehe It worked. I played the role of "color-blind" and she laughed but quite took over to pick her own quilt colors.
The colors that she chose remind me of a fall harvest. Mustard yellow, Harvest wheat with a green background and slate. The borders (not shown) will be orange and the back will be a mustard/orange flower mix. Quite pretty, I should say.
After only working on it for 3 days (off and on), I have 10 blocks and more fabric cut to sew.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Wow Sheila! You're so creative and motivated. That's awesome! Nanny's going to love it. :)